Sunday, September 15, 2013

Shocked!



Slowly retrieving my weightless soft plastic through a jungle rocks and and weed as the early Autumn evening light fades, I feel the lure get hammered by an aggressive fish but all to quickly it’s over and the fish has gone... When I gathered my thoughts all I could liken it to was touching an electrified cattle fence only not as painful, my reaction to what I was feeling up through the braided line and down the rod was so fast (Well obviously not fast enough!) it was totally involuntary and similar to that tensing sensation one gets from a mild electric shock! I’ve never thought of it that way before but it perfectly describes that moment we all crave and the 100’s of other times I’ve experienced something similar when fishing. I was certainly wide awake after it and I’m looking forward to the next one!